Friday, February 26, 2016

We're all a bit crafty here

I am working on something crafty for the kids' easter baskets.  Ruby got an animal pompom kit for christmas that I am riffing off of.  So far I've made three bunnies, two ducklings and a blue bird chick.  


I put them on the top shelf of the book case in my office, thinking the kids would never notice them there (I have actually put gifts FOR THEM in the cart at Target and they haven't noticed-generally, they are not observant little people). But Soph spied them and it was love at first sight. She came into the living room after the other kids had fallen asleep to discuss naming them.  I admitted that I am planning on putting them in easter baskets (no flinch from her), she then requested that the big bunny, Humphrey, she's calling him, be hers.


Yesterday she was secretly inspecting the bluebird, trying to mentally reverse engineer how I made it, when she tugged a bit too hard and the knot holding his head and body together slipped loose.  She came into the kitchen and sorrowfully admitted the mishap.  No biggie, I can stitch them back together, just leave it on my desk. Oops. Ruby spied him sitting there, waiting to be mended. The jig is up. I am still going to put them, in baskets, hopefully this won't lead to the demise of Santa. (Although I'd probably be okay with that pesky shelf elf taking a hike.)



No comments: