Saturday, February 20, 2016

Local flavor

I'm headed into the city today with a friend to take a sourdough bread making class.

Judith is my first friend that I made out here in California, all on my own without being introduced by any of my in-laws. We met at the "new families" night at the kids' elementary school. She is also new to town (by way of Philadelphia) but much more super adventurous and ready to jump into the whole idea of being in a new place and learning all about it than I am. I am completely happy to tagalong with her to learn what I can.

Maybe being with her will help me embrace this place.

We've been here for six months now and I still haven't driven into San Francisco on my own. We're about 7 miles from the center of Goldengate bridge going to Google maps.

I have driven repeatedly to Muir Woods, there's something pretty great in hiding in the trees' towering quiet. (And don't forget the banana slugs, they're pretty cool, too.)

 I am unadventurous, uninspired and lame, I know. I'm also convinced I'm depressed and not really fully in acceptance of being here.

No comments: