Thursday, March 11, 2010

It's a party

Will has been invited to his first ever sleepover party and he can't stop talking about it.

"Friday is Alex's party. Is tomorrow Friday? The party is going to last all day, do I have to go school? Can we wrap his present now? I guess I'll just take my big fuzzy blanket. We get to eat pancakes and watch a movie!"

Will is pretty timid. He watched the movie "Up" from behind the couch. The party plan is pizza and a movie followed by (I imagine) some playing and then bed. What he's most excited about is having pancakes for breakfast.

It's early, I think, he's 5. His friend, the birthday boy, is turning six. But as he's our neighbor, a short walk down the block, I feel okay with this attempt.

But I'm still anticipating a post-bedtime call.

No comments: